The goal of Salentein is to make the highest quality Argentine wines, while respecting and supporting the natural environment and the community where the wines are created, and the people behind their production.
Bodegas Salentein is committed to respecting the natural environment. This approach includes:
- Implementation of ISO 14.001 during 2010.
- Management of vegetation through sustainable viticulture and agricultural techniques, striving for natural balance in the ecosystem..
- Avoidance of pesticides and use of herbicides only when absolutely necessary.
- Use of native flora as cover crops.
- All organic matter resulting from vineyard and winemaking activities is returned to the land as natural fertilizers.
- Maximum water conservation and management through drip irrigation in 100% of the vineyards.
- A consistent plan to reduce energy consumption (resulting in 18% of energy efficiency in 3 years). Salentein conducts ongoing research into renewable energy sources such as solar and hydroelectric power.
- Production plants equipped with treatment facilities that recycle all water used in the production processes, returning it to the public system and ensuring the well-being of the community.
- A recycling program for waste materials from the production process. We send the scrap of cardboard and glass to a recycling company.
- Use of recycled materials in wines, bottles and packaging materials.
- Preservation of more than 49 hectares (120 acres) of native desert habitat.